Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fertile Earth Class

I'm taking Susan Sorrell's Fertile Earth class at joggles. You can see the picture for the class here. This is the first week and we are doing a piece inspired by a fruit or vegetable. My inspiration was this picture of a kiwi. You can see that I changed the colors a bit! I started out with some lavender fabric, which I cut out in an oval shape using a wood-burning tool like Allison Aller explained in the current issue of CQMagOnline. I layered some tulle over it, then a darker purple, then some white satin and tulle in the center. At first it looks pretty blah, but once I added some embroidery, I just couldn't stop. Purple is my favorite color, so it's hard not to just do everything in purple! This has kick-started me into doing something creative and is just what I needed, plus it's really fun!




Happy stitching,
~Lin Moon

No comments: