Saturday, December 02, 2006

Handmade Christmas Cards

There's been some talk of the fun of making your own holiday cards. Here are two pix of some invitations/Christmas Cards I have made.

For the first one, I used handmade paper, stamped the reindeer and snowflakes and embossed them. I used gold metallic luster rub-on to color in the reindeer. There's snowy glitter on the edges of the green trees and gold mini-glitter all over the card, but it doesn't show up well in the picture. The red tree was bought from a rubber stamp store and stands up a little from the green ones.









(I seem to like blue.) For this one, I did direct-to-paper around the edges of a cream-colored card, then added the dark blue cardstock on top. I used an Anna Griffin stamp in light blue ink for the all-over pattern behind the angel. The angel is stamped and embossed, then colored in using silver metallic luster rub-on. I gave each corner a little silver corner. The "O" in JOY (also Anna Griffin letters) in this one is not stamped very well, since this was the one I kept, it wasn't good enough to send out.



No comments: