Friday, January 18, 2008

Books!



As some of you know, I work part-time at Borders Books. It gives me a great chance to check out all the new books that come in, especially in the stitchery/jewelry section. I got a couple of new books, one for Christmas and one for my birthday(today! yay!). The first one is a book full of fabulous pictures, that I like to peruse when I need inspiration. It can spark ideas for beading, floral, nature, design, you name it! It is just full of large, gorgeous, detailed pictures of incredible jewelry. The second photo is of the back cover.


Then there's the doll book! I didn't even realize this book existed, except that I saw someone's blog mention it. It is full of dolls of all kinds! (duh) The thing I really like about it is that some pages have a detail shot of the doll along with the whole picture. Also, it's not just avant garde dolls, but also traditional and cloth dolls. Very inspiring!
Happy reading,
Lin Moon

3 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Lin, Lucky you to work at Borders Book store. The best book store of them all. Lin, I used PearlEx Powder Pigment by Jacquard to paint the Enchanted Gallery face molds. I have hyperlinck the product for you on my blog. Hope this helps. Hugs Judy

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

WOnderful books! What inspiration you have available. Have fun!

piney cq said...

Hi, Lin!!! This book looks WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing it with us! I'll see if I can get some pics for you as well on the curved piecing..... It took me a bit....but i'm getting there.. LOL! Maybe I can help!