Saturday, July 12, 2008

May TIF done


Yes, yes, I know it's July, but I've finally gotten back to the May TIF, now that all the June graduation hoopla is over. The theme for May was "how you see yourself (as an artist)". Here I am on a needle - I feel like stitching is a wild ride; I fly with excitement, there are ups and downs and it's a magical journey. The wings are made from ribbon with burned edges. That was a challenge! It's hard to get the flame just close enough to seal the edge, but not so close that it melts the ribbon and changes its shape. I'm paranoid about fire, so I did it with the candle sitting in my kitchen sink. I really enjoyed felting the background, although I added some gold Angelina and I'm not sure I'd do that again. The Angelina had a lot of fly-away ends that got in the way of the embroidering. I'm pretty pleased with this, even though it's way late.
Happy Stitching,
~Lin Moon

4 comments:

CameoRoze said...

Oh, Lin! I LOVE how this turned out. What a great mix of media. That felt background is inspired. Your colors are so vibrant. Well done!

Cameo @-->-->---

Cheryl said...

What a clever concept Lin! Anyone who stitches can imagine "riding a needle!)

Susan said...

I love your May piece! It turned out so beautifully. Great idea.

Candi said...

I love what you've done! You're so gifted and have some of the best ideas!
HUGZ:)
Candi