Sunday, August 03, 2008
Arte y Pico Award
I go on vacation and come home to this wonderful surprise! Violette Severin of the blog Hand Quilting, has nominated me for the Arte y Pico award. Thank you so much Violette! I feel so special!
The rules for the Arte y Pico Award are:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte de Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
6. Choose 5 other people for this award.
Well, since I've been on vacation for awhile, it may be that some of the blogs I most admire have already been chosen, but we'll see.....
Sara Lechner's The Fabric of Meditation. Her artwork is so magical, original, unique and inspiring!
Emmy and her Cramzy blog. Emmy really knows how to play - and create wonderful things in the process. There's a real freshness to her creations.
Marty of Textiles in Time. I don't know how she keeps working on that large project of hers - it really takes patience and dedication. But when she's done, it will be just fabulous. I have to hand it to her for such delayed gratification and such lovely stitching.
Lauri of Don't Call Me Crafty. I like the attitude she expresses in the name of her blog. How she manages to get ANYTHING done with 5 kids is beyond me, but not only does she get things done, she wins ribbons and shares great pictures with us of her colorful work.
N. Rene West's Fembellish Journal. Although she hasn't updated her blog lately because of caring for her mother's health, she has shared how to do everything! If you read older entries and follow along with some of her projects, she is very generous with instructions and step by step pix on how to do some of the fabulous and wonderful things she has made.
Happy Stitching, everyone!