Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ATC for Cyber Fyber



Here is my ATC for Susan Lenz's Cyber Fiber exhibition. I used some satiny fabric and dyed it using Dynaflo and Lumiere. I wanted a serene-looking face - I'm not sure it came out with that effect. I added a small "tassel" at the bottom that goes off to the left instead of hanging straight down - it gives it a sense of movement. I hope the asymmetetry of it doesn't make everyone want to "fix" it so it hangs down straight. This was fun and I wanted to work with some colors other than the pastels I like so much. Happy Stitching,
~Lin Moon

4 comments:

verobirdie said...

Lovely and unusual!

Susan said...

What a cool piece! It's a great addition to the exhibition.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Lynne!
Thank you so very, very much for trading with me! Your work is incredible! Please continue to spread the word about CYBER FYBER as I'm planning another round of trading in May for fiber artists who haven't yet participated...going for all fifty States and a few additional countries!
Thanks again!
Susan

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Lynne!
Your incredible work has arrived safely here in South Carolina! It is wonderful. I adore them both! Even your mailing envelope is cute! Thanks so very, very much!
Susan