Monday, March 24, 2008

ATCs from Europe

Happy Easter and Happy Spring everyone!
Just thought I'd share a few photos of some flowers in my garden and some thoughts.






I've been sick for the last week or so, so haven't felt up to doing much of anything. However, I did muster the energy to sit in front of the computer when I couldn't sleep and watch a slide show of ATCs from Europe. I found this slide show so interesting, especially some of the captions on the ATCs. One that really made me think went something like..."just in the nick of time, I regained consciousness" or "angels tread here". One showed a woman in some angst because she couldn't think of something to make for dinner. (That I can relate to!) That is such an ordinary and everyday thing - it would never occur to me to make a piece of art (however small) about this. But this is life and what I know, so I shouldn't discount it...

It got me to thinking about inspirations, and ideas for creativity. Sometimes I get all wrapped up in the idea that a piece has to evoke some deep emotion or be symbolically important. So I give up because I can't think of anything important enough and inspiring enough that I will also enjoy the look of and enjoy creating. But with these ATCs, you could see how you could make 10 different ones, all with a one-word inspiration, like "red". "Red" could bring up thoughts of communism, roses, anger, an apple, pain, a sunset, tons of things! And that's a whole lot simpler an inspiration than something as general as, say "love". So I just need to keep it simple.....

You can look at the ATCs from Europe here and see what you think.

1 comment:

Ati said...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/374624@N21/
They are nice but have a look here too :)