Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Here is my latest seam treatment. The top portion is from SharonB's Day 33 and the lower portion is an adaptation of Sharon's upper treatment in Day 64. Sharon's Day 33 has bugle beads up against the cretan stitch, but I didn't make my cretan stitches big enough for that, so on the other side I put my version of Day 64. I really like Sharon's elongated pearls, but I only have those in white & I needed more color here.
Yesterday's seam treatment,
replaced the one below, which you can see is very lightweight. Since I am working on a kimono, I wanted the seams delineating the sleeves to balance out. I don't think all the seams in a regular block need to be the same weight....