Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Still Stitchin' along on CQ Kimono


Well, I've stitched a few more seams on my small kimono, but believe it or not, I wanted to downplay a couple of the seams, to keep the emphasis on the vertical lines of the kimono near the sleeves. Ever try to embellish in a subtle way? Kind of anti-CQ, really. So I''ve worked my way back to regular embellishing with this seam. I think I got way too small on this one; I had to use the little tiny super-magnified area on my magnifier, which can drive a person crazy.

Also, I've been surfing pix of embroidery & CQ - which can get so addicting you can spend all your time surfing instead of stitching....always trying to find that balance... Anyway, while surfing I came upon some beautiful pictures of over-the-top sequin embroidery from India. To see these, go to Sequins. And I'm sure SharonB has pointed to LindaB's work, but I am continually blown away every time I see her fabulous peacock wall hanging. Check it out at peacocks.
Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love it - it's so light and airy!